A general dental check up is a periodical dental care activity that should be maintained to help your teeth and gums stay healthy. Thanks to this habit, instead of treatment, you can prevent oral diseases, especially gum diseases. Why is this?
Have you ever had the following problems?
- When brushing your teeth, your gums bleed.
- Your gums are red, swollen, or even separated from the teeth.
- Pus appears on the gum border line whenever impacted.
- Your teeth are loose or lost, not due to tooth decay.
- There are unusual changes when chewing.
- Bad Breath.
All these signs warn of gum disease, predisposing you to periodontal disease if not treated properly. However, anyone who has a habit of regularly undergoing a dental check-up will be able to detect symptoms early and get treatment before they become serious. That is why at Elite Dental we recommend that you should maintain a schedule of going to the dentist every six months to get the fastest detection & treatment for oral problems (tooth decay, wisdom teeth eruption, prevention of gum and periodontal disease). In particular, patients with a history of gum, periodontal or other oral diseases should get checked at shorter intervals.
Periodical dental check up at Elite Dental
- General exam: The dentist will use instruments to examine your teeth, mouth, tongue, gums, palate, and mucosal membrane to detect any unusual symptoms of the teeth and oral cavity (if any).
- Taking X-rays (in case of illness): The panoramic oral film will help your dentist to perform a general consideration of the condition of your teeth and jaws, as well as other structures such as condyle, temporo-mandibular joint (TMJ), and so on—by which your dentist can make an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Implementing some programs of a specific screening test if there are any signs of serious illnesses such as periodontics, oral cancer.
- Consulting with patients about the most reasonable care treatment plan.
Besides regular visits, any need you have to beautify your teeth and smile can be discussed with experts at Elite Dental. We can advise you about advanced techniques not only for making your teeth and smile beautiful, but also ensuring your dental health.