Teeth whitening is a solution that helps you to improve your teeth color. It is determined by two factors: genetics decides the original teeth color and the color contamination occurs during activities that may alter the original teeth color specified by the gene.
When do you need whitening solution?
- Original teeth color is dull, not as beautiful as desired
- The process of making that change color stains, may be mentioned causes such as tetra discoloration, affecting the color of food, cigarettes…
- Aging makes the dentin layer getting thick and the enamel reduce light reflection, so that the color also becomes darker.
- There are 2 ways to effectively whitening: in -office whitening and home whitening.
teeth whitening.jpg" />
1 . Teeth Whitening in office
- Firstly, the doctor will apply isolated layer to protect the gum.
- Secondly, the Hydrogen Peroxide with whitening effect. This substance will be oxidized to form free radicals and organic combination of ivory frame to form a colorless structure.
- Continue activate this layer with light or heat from the laser light. The illumination of the optical flow temperature will accelerate the whitening process.
- At the end of whitening program at the dental office, the doctor will direct you to the home care process after whitening teeth such as which toothpaste you should use , limit the use of color food like : red wine , coffee , tea … This would avoid the stain again , and protect the teeth .
- It takes 1-2 hours to do whitening at the office.
- Teeth whitening will give you a fresh and impressive smile
2. Teeth Whitening at home
- The dentist will check your teeth and take a pair of plastic trays fit the teeth.
- You will also be instructed by the professionals, doctors how to carry trays, using the whitening gel with low concentrations of Hydrogen Peroxide at home every day for several hours (usually at night).
- Although this method takes more time but the result will be more markedly. In some cases, with good absorption, you can see the results immediately after the first whitening.
- Whitening time at home: about 2 weeks
We can combine two processes: office whitening and home whitening for the case of serious tooth stain for fast and best results.
Notes on bleaching
- Teeth sensitivity when whitening in dental office: This case is rare because of the specialized machinery used in dental office whitening mostly equipped with automatic thermal break system to ensure the comfort and safe for patients.
- The discomfort, teeth sensitivity after whitening: this is only a temporary symptom. Your doctor may tell you to use pain relief drugs or add some Flour.
- The whitening results sustain from 1 to 3 years, depending on the patient’s preservation. If the patient has a habit of smoking, oral hygiene is not good or often exposed to the agents causing stain teeth such as tea , coffee … , your teeth will be darken faster .
- Before whitening, your doctor will require scaling and polishing in order to remove plaques and cure tooth decay before whitening .
- At Elite Dental, doctor always evaluates the teeth color and teeth condition to check whether you are suitable for whitening or not. At the same time, they also ask you about the color that you desire as well as how your teeth look like after whitening….